MIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
Quarterfinals | Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018 |
No. 3 Gustavus 65, No. 6 St. Catherine 38 | Box Score |
No. 5 Saint Mary's 58, No. 4 Bethel 54 | Box Score |
Semifinals | Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018 |
No. 1 St. Thomas 65, No. 5 Saint Mary's 44 | Box Score |
No. 3 Gustavus 61, No. 2 Saint Benedict 53 | Box Score |
Championship | Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018 |
No. 1 St. Thomas 62, No. 3 Gustavus 56 | Box Score |
|5 & Under||Free|
*MIAC passes accepted
|MIAC WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYOFFS|
|No. 1||St. Thomas||18-0||25-2|
|No. 2||Saint Benedict||16-2||22-4|
|No. 5||Saint Mary's||10-8||16-11|
|No. 6||St. Catherine||8-10||12-14|
PLAYOFF SEEDING TIEBREAKERS
1. Head-to-head record in regular-season conference play is the first tiebreaker - even if only one game is played between the tied games.
2. In a scenario where more than two teams are tied - if one of the tied teams swept all the other teams, they would rise to the top in the head-to-head comparison.
3. Conversely, if one of the teams was swept by all teams they are tied with, they drop to the bottom in the head-to-head comparison.
4. If two teams remain tied after the multiple-team tie has been broken - compare head-to-head again.
5. If the two teams split or a multiple-team (3+) tie remains - go to the next step
6. Point rating system - conference games only
7. Points shall be awarded for each contest played. The points shall be awarded as follows:
7 points - win over a .750 or better team on the road
6.5 points - win over a .750 or better team at home
6 points - win over a .500 or better team on the road
5 points - win over a .500 or better team at home
4.5 points - win over a .250 or better team on the road
4 points - win over a .250 team or better at home
3.5 points - win over an under .250 team on the road
3 points - win over an under .250 team at home
2.5 points - loss at home or on the road to a .750 or better team
2 points - loss to a .500 or better team at home or on the road
1 points - loss to a .250 or better team at home or on the road
.5 points - loss to an .250 team on the road
0 points - loss to an under .250 team at home
8. Compare win-loss percentage vs. teams who finished highest in standings in descending order until an advantage is gained.
9. Coin flip